Can anyone name the singer of this late 60's song?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Early In the Morning,I feel like making making a country song.
I feel alright and my deep voice can do no wrong.
I going to make a country song about my dog and bone.
I feel alright and I'm doing my country song.
The sounds of the morning make Ole hound bark.
The sun thru the tree's chasing the dark away.
Me and ole hound will have our way,another day.

Loosewire

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
No, it was none of those. It was a single vocalist and a woman singer. I have a friend from where I used to work that also remembers the song, but neither of us know the singer.

As I mentioned, there are a number of songs with this name. The song/singer I'm after had the same lyrics and melody as the Vanity Fare version.

I recorded the song from an FM radio station on an 8 track player I had at the time and enjoyed listening to it in my car. I'd love to hear the song again, but I'm at a loss to remember who the artist was. I'll deal with the impossibility of getting a copy of it after I know who the singer is... :p

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
The Iphone is supposed to have an app that will sample your song and tell you what it is. Never tried it but I've heard about it.
Thanks -- but not only do I not have an iphone, I don't have the song! :) Thus, I better explicitly state that my real goal is to get my hands on a copy of the song, as I'd like to hear it again.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
No, bertus, it wasn't them (I would have recognized Mary Traver's voice since I purchased a number of their albums in the 60's). BTW, Mary Traver just recently passed away.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Thanks; but that's not it either (I would have recognized Connie Francis' voice too). To save you folks time, you may want to take a quick listen to the Vanity Fare version I posted above. Then it will be easier to rule out all the other songs with the same name that aren't it.

I do appreciate folks trying, though. I know the song wasn't on the radio very long, so it's going to be hard to track down. I'm hoping some music lover with an encyclopedic memory will step in to help.