Can anyone identify these IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheerGold

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I have a Bob Beck blood electrification unit that no longer works properly.

There are two IC's inside. One of them is probably faulty.

i have not been able to identify what the IC's are.

They have these markings on them:

Chip ONE has 8 connectors and these markings:
7660D
JRC
7019C

Chip TWO has 8 connectors and these markings:
LM358AN
KL5739

Anyone know what they are.

And can you give me the codes that I can use to buy replacements?

Jotto

Joined Apr 1, 2011
LM358 is a low power dual operational amplifier

7660D is a DC-DC converter control circuit

you have the numbers required to cross these, I listed them also.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Are the chips DIP or SO? One way to tell is to see if the leads go through the board and are soldered on the bottom. That is DIP. SO is different, the terminals sit on the board, and the component is surface mounted.

First one: 7660 switched capacitor voltage inverter. You can source an equivalent here (DIP8) or here (SO8).

Second one: LM358 dual op-amp. You can source an equivalent here (DIP8) or here (SO8).

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The Bob Beck "blood electrification unit" sounds like a "Royal Rife" type device, which we don't provide support for.

I suggest that you simply throw the unit in the trash after applying a large hammer to it repeatedly.

SheerGold

Joined Feb 19, 2010
Are the chips DIP or SO?
Hi tom66,

Thanks for the information.

They are DIP.

How did you find the first link, that's the link to the 7660 DIP type?

When I searched on the digikey site for 7660D I didn't get the same page as you found.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Hi tom66,

Thanks for the information.

They are DIP.

How did you find the first link, that's the link to the 7660 DIP type?

When I searched on the digikey site for 7660D I didn't get the same page as you found.
I searched just for 7660 because I know it is a common part, I see it in a lot of products. It rarely fails. It has built in short circuit protection. Unless someone exceeded the maximum input it's unlikely to pop.

SheerGold

Joined Feb 19, 2010
I searched just for 7660 because I know it is a common part, I see it in a lot of products. It rarely fails. It has built in short circuit protection. Unless someone exceeded the maximum input it's unlikely to pop.
Would it be OK to use any IC that is of the 7660 type?

Or is each one sufficiently different that I should get an exact match to the one already being used?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
After googling blood electrification and clicking on a single link, I can only repeat
throw the unit in the trash after applying a large hammer to it repeatedly.
before the device harms you or anyone else. After that, repeat said process on it´s manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.