Can anybody help me to find out what component this is?

blutele

Joined Oct 1, 2020
Jag also have a broken one alled 735. I cant find it on ST homepage and not on any other manufactor. I think it is a overvoltage protection device.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Definitely STMicroelectronics.
Can you post a photo with a wider view so that we can see what else is on the board?
What is the function of the board or the unit? Operating voltages?

blutele

Joined Oct 1, 2020
Den sitter parallellt över en 20mA strömslinga för kommunikation till en kortläsare. Testar jag en som jag tror är hel med beteckningen 735 så verkar det vara en dubbel zener diod som börjar leda vid 18.1V åt vardera håll (+/-).

Google translate edit:
It sits in parallel over a 20mA current loop for communication to a card reader. If I test one that I think is complete with the designation 735, it seems to be a double zener diode that starts to lead at 18.1V in each direction (+/-).

blutele

Joined Oct 1, 2020
Kommunikationen drar igång när jag tar bort den trasiga (det är kortslutning i den) och allt fungerar då perfekt men jag skulle vilja sätta dit en ny om man i framtiden får överspänning igen.

Google translate edit:
The communication starts when I remove the broken one (there is a short circuit in it) and everything works perfectly then, but I would like to put a new one if in the future you get overvoltage again.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Knowing that it is a bi-directional 18V TVS (transient voltage suppressor) is the key.

It is SM6T18CA.

The key marking is ME in the SM6T series of TVS.
GP is the factory location.
719 is the production date code.