camera with dvr to be viewed via internet still not working

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
hey guys please somebody help me i attatch my file with the diagram as well as my router and dvr settings, but still my camero cant be viewed over the internet,,i wonder why please help guys?:confused: its .rar please extract

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Do you have your IP address on the outside of your internet correct?
Get my IP

Second, do you have the required ports forwarded on your router to your DVR?

I'm assuming the DVR is connected to the router (probably through a hub) and on the same internal subnet so packets can be forwarded directly to it.

If all of the above are correct, and it still doesn't work, look at your service agreement with your ISP. They may not allow custom upload ports.

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
well try to connect to a different ISP thanks for the this, sir please look at my attatchment it includes port forwarding and ddns set-up and the likes were using dynamic ip as provided by our isp,,thanks

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Try using the static IP address and port number.

Work on the dynamic DNS once you get it working.

Sorry, but I don't open .ZIP files from people new to the board, the .ZIP autorun feature allows malware/viruses to be passed around with nobody really knowing until it's too late.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I downloaded the OP's zip, extracted it, and the created a new zip from those files. No virus detections by the Avira Antivir.
The zip file contains only .jpg images.

Attachments

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
yes sir i'm a student and theres no way i need to upload malwares in my zip file..i'm just asking for help but i understand you. anyway i dont have static ip because its expensive only dynamic, our ddns server is being updated by my ddns client in my router w/ a private ip not the public one..tnx,,

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
In the dvr-setting.jpg image, don't have the DVR get a DHCP address, assign it a static address out of the DHCP range, such as 192.168.1.250
with a netmask of 255.255.255.0

Then in the D-Link port Forwarding, put all packets coming in on DVR port to be forwarded to 192.168.1.250

Right now you are telling to forward to "video", but nothing is resolving video to the address that the DVR is using

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
You want to look at getting a "virtual" static IP address (actually a subdomain name that points to your dynamic ip) from No-ip.com or other similar sites. Its free/low cost.
http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_dns/free_dynamic_dns.html
From the pictures in the .ZIP file, the external name resolution is working, it's looking like a lack of proper port forwarding is all.

Haven't heard an update yet as to if what I posted helped or not.