caller id project

scales

Joined Jan 12, 2010
dear all
i currently doing the caller id with the pic 16f628A. my programming and ic are working very well but my mt8870 decoder is not working. i need some help here. i stay in Malaysia please help if anyone got any idea
this is the schematic i refer to. thks. i need it urgently.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
How have you been able to determine that the MT8870 is not working? If it's not working, how can you tell that the 16F628 is working properly? Do you have the means to see if the DTMF decoder is sending data?

scales

Joined Jan 12, 2010
i say that because after i burn the code the inside the ic, the lcd can display the basic information but it just cant display the phone number, so i think that is the mt 8870 decoder problem. do you got any idea on how to test the mt8870 to show that it work properly? beside just test it on the phone line.

thks for the reply. i very appreciate it.

scales

Joined Jan 12, 2010
beenthere
then can you check for me are that circuit can work properly?
i really appreciate your help.
thanks

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Forget the PIC code for now, just test the DTMF decoder by sending a DTMF signal (ie press a button on your phone) and test the IC output pins with a multimeter.

Once you have the DTMF decoder working properly then you can attach the PIC and go from there.

scales

Joined Jan 12, 2010
dear THE RB
i have tested the dtml with the schematic below and it work well. i just dunno why i connect the Q1 to Q4 pin to the pic abut the lcd didnt show any number. please help. thks