call phone diagrams

arunparti

Joined Dec 2, 2010
I am looking for wiring diagrams for blackberry and iphones in order to repair and test them so that the faulty resisters and conductors can be replaced etc (not just diagrams witch points out and label main parts.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I'd be surprised if very many cell phones ever get repaired. They just get thrown away when people get a new one.
I sometimes can get 'em fixed. And I do have schema's of some but not iPhones.
You'll never find those.

OP is a typical Indian Einstein who is trying to fix phones. We'll see them every now and then asking for the impossible.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'd be surprised if very many cell phones ever get repaired. They just get thrown away when people get a new one.
Pretty much. There are a ton of BGA ICs inside, and the "sub-micro" SMD unmarked resistors and caps, in addition to an 8 layer PCB, they are essentially impossible to repair.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Defective electronic products like cell phones and TVs are sold on E-Bay then the money is used to buy a new one. Buyer beware!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Typically they do screen repairs and will do a cap or resistor check if its a new smart phone otherwise you just buy parts like the motherboard, case, buttons, etc... Remember taking a new phone apart you run a 25% chance of breaking it besides the fact its not working already. Try out xda-developers.com they are really the kings of cell phone and repairs.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Try out xda-developers.com they are really the kings of cell phone and repairs.
those guys are damn good..they helped to fix my bricked HTC...

Some wannabe said that he can upgrade the windows mobile on my HTC orbit (when it came out into market) phone...then I knew jack about phone software's...
so I gave and he bricked it...and I got angry at myself for even givin it to him....I spent 1 whole week at XDA forum and finally I got it fixed :D.
Now I am the guy to unbrick HTC's....

Sometimes..I amaze myself :p

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Typically the stores that do repairs and flashes now insure your phone. I was tinkering with doing it and setting up a store front but 1. I didn't want to be buying new iphone LCD's all day, 2. I didn't want to pay for a bunch of new iphones if a flash didn't go right.

Also for the OP, your not gonna find diagrams and schematics for phones on the internet because they all want them locked down to their carrier and their OS. The hackers then go in and fix everything. That being said there is a huge modding, hacking, cell phone community and you will find most repair walkthroughs and videos online if you just search em out. Its not like your going in blind either. When a phone comes out and breaks after a year or two its usually 1 or 2 things that happen on everyphone model. So if this model is breaking, they can usually tell what resistor or cap to test strictly because 90% of those phone models blow that specific cap at a point. So its not like your gonna need to test every connection. It will usually only be a couple per phone depending on symptoms.

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
You can always scrap it for parts. You can get a good microphone and sometimes a camera from them. The vibration motor might even have a use.