Calculus of Circuits

m_d_s123

Joined May 10, 2005
I'm a high school student currently working on my calculus course final project, which requires that each student in the course demonstrate understanding of a calculus application beyond the scope of the course. A group of classmates and I have chosen to study circuits but are now somewhat at a loss as to how to proceed. We've been looking at RC and LR circuits as possible starting points for our research but would like ideas from someone on this forum who might know electrical applications of calculus considered "very advanced" for high school students. The complexity of the calculus involved in these applications probably won't be an obstacle, even if it's multi-variable (which we haven't fully studied). We greatly appreciate any input. Thank you.

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by m_d_s123@May 10 2005, 11:44 AM
I'm a high school student currently working on my calculus course final project, which requires that each student in the course demonstrate understanding of a calculus application beyond the scope of the course. A group of classmates and I have chosen to study circuits but are now somewhat at a loss as to how to proceed. We've been looking at RC and LR circuits as possible starting points for our research but would like ideas from someone on this forum who might know electrical applications of calculus considered "very advanced" for high school students. The complexity of the calculus involved in these applications probably won't be an obstacle, even if it's multi-variable (which we haven't fully studied). We greatly appreciate any input. Thank you.
[post=7588]Quoted post[/post]​
1 post 1 forum is all you need.