Calculating Inductance with air core, with ferrite core?

electronice123

Joined Oct 10, 2008
I am working to design a transformer which has to have matching inductance values for each coil. The problem I am having is that each coil is a different distance from the core and I cannot find any calculators online which can calculate this, the only thing I have found is for air cores.

I was thinking I could use an air core calculator to calculate all coils to have a matching inductance. If I did it that way, when I inserted the core I know the inductance values would change.

My question is will the inductances still match with the core inserted? Matching inductance is what is important in this case, not specific inductance values.

If not where can I find calculators or programs that will be able to calculate inductances with cores of a specific permeability using both pancake and multi layer type coils at different distances from the core???

Thank you everyone!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Do you have a device that needs measuring, or is this theoretical at this point?

I'm putting some thought into measuring a finished device myself, using a signal source, resistor, and coil.

electronice123

Joined Oct 10, 2008
Just theoretical for now. As I stated the inductance for this project does not matter. I'm just trying to make the corrent measurements so the inductances will all match!