Calculating current requirements for this motor

vijaybala85

Joined Jan 7, 2010
Hi everyone,

This is the information I have regarding a single phase motor that will run at 120VAC. I would like to know how to calculate the current the motor would source from the supply. I have limited experience dealing with motors but this is interesting to know nonetheless.
Here are the details

1 off assembly part number: P1-008-XXX-XXX-XXX-C03
P1 axial piston water pump @ 0.8l/min
0.37kw, single phase, 4 pole, 71 frame, foot/flange mount in permanent cap style electric motor
Bell housing
Coupling
Relief, check and unload C03 valve assembly

It is 120 volt of course and would have a current draw similar to a ½ hp capacitor motor that we would source locally.

How to know what value it sources from supply? Please let me know. I am trying to control this motor from a Data acquisition card that would control a relay which switches on/off the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Calculations, circuit setup, diagrams, explanation... etc.. Thanks!

V

hspalm

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Why cant he just divide the 370 watts and the 120 voltage to get amps while running at full throttle? Is this because of the stall-current when starting the motor will exceed this 3 amps?

A solid state relay is like a mechanical relay in its usage. The load and the control signal is optically isolated from the latching circuit by a diode and a phototransistor, which in turn "latches" a thyristor or power transistor for the load. This means you have no moving mechanical parts.