Buzzing Plasma TV

jtabor

Joined Jan 8, 2012
I'm currently working on a Samsung Plasma TV. Everything works with the TV except a really annoying Buzz noise coming from the power supply in the back of the TV. I ordered a new power supply and installed it in the TV. Same exact thing still. Picture and everything on TV works great, but still get an annoying buzzing that's louder than half the volume on my TV. Is there anything that could be causing the Power Supply to buzz that isn't on the power supply itself? Help is greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Probably the sustain boards (left and right on the each side of the screen) - your ears can be easily fooled as to the location of this buzzing. It is an inductor or transformer and could be indicative of bad capacitors. (Samsung use crap capacitors, which fail a few months after the warranty expires.)

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
could well be either the y sus or the z sus panels faulty,but you cant just replace the panel without replacing the drivers or you will cause instant costly damage in the case of replacing a faulty sustain panel-what i need is make and model

jtabor

Joined Jan 8, 2012
The buzzing is in fact coming from the power supply, but like i said, just put in a new one. And the make is Samsung Model: HP-R4252X/XAA. Maybe the new one I got could also be a bad power supply or could something possibly that it's connected to make it buzz like that?

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
The buzzing is in fact coming from the power supply, but like i said, just put in a new one. And the make is Samsung Model: HP-R4252X/XAA. Maybe the new one I got could also be a bad power supply or could something possibly that it's connected to make it buzz like that?
Yes it could be one of the sustain boards. If they have bad bulk capacitors it will cause the problem mentioned. You can fix it with a copious amount of superglue on the component making the noise.