Buzz wire game

Pedro-Pete

Joined Apr 27, 2010
Hi to all :)
I would like to make a buzz wire game which apart from it making a noise when the wire is touched I would also like to have 3 lights also fitted which would come on one by one as the wire is touched (light comes on when wire is touched(and stays on) then another light comes on when wire touched again and so on.Could someone tell me the best way to do this and what I would need.:confused:
Many thanks in advance and appologies to those who may think this is just a too simple task to answer

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
A simple counter circuit that counts to 3, buzzing a piezo and lighting an LED with each 'count'.

The clock input for the counter would be the 'wand'.

A wire from the wand is connected to the clock input for the counter chip.
The wire maze would be run from the V+ for the circuit with a resistor.

That should about do it. I have never done it, but I am sure others may have ideas.

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Hi to all :)
I would like to make a buzz wire game which apart from it making a noise when the wire is touched I would also like to have 3 lights also fitted which would come on one by one as the wire is touched (light comes on when wire is touched(and stays on) then another light comes on when wire touched again and so on.Could someone tell me the best way to do this and what I would need.:confused:
Many thanks in advance and appologies to those who may think this is just a too simple task to answer

I have an ancient book in my archives, "Electronic Games and Toys you can Build" by Len Buckwalter. Think it was published around 1960. It had exactly the game you described.

(I have a lot of ancient books in my archives. :) )

Eric