Buy from these Ali Express/Amazon sellers at your own risk

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Funny, I just had to call my credit card issuer because of suspicious activity on my account. I have bought from Aliexpress in the past (where the link above leads). I had clicked on the link to see the ad and then a couple of hours later there was a small charge on the card from what seems to be the same vendor.

The price is attractive, but one wonders what the MOSFET really is and whether or not any were damaged by being in that plastic (apparently not an anti-static bag of any kind) bag.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Funny, I just had to call me credit card issuer because of suspicious activity on my account. I have bought from Aliexpress in the past (where the link above leads). I had clicked on the link to see the ad and then a couple of hours later there was a small charge on the card from what seems to be the same vendor.
How odd. I visited that page by following that link at least twice today and half a dozen times before when I was checking to see if my feedback had been posted.

I check my credit card activity pretty regularly and haven't seen any unauthorized charges from visiting that link.
The price is attractive, but one wonders what the MOSFET really is and whether or not any were damaged by being in that plastic (apparently not an anti-static bag of any kind) bag.
I had to test all of the devices. Apparently higher gate capacitance makes the device less susceptible to oxide damage from ESD. I'll post the reference if I come across it again.

On resistance seems to be what it's supposed to be, but I've only checked one device because I fell down an equipment rat hole. The digital scopes I tried to use didn't behave well when the input was being over driven. My Tek 7704A mainframe decided to stop working and the replacement needs to be calibrated. But I can over drive the range and be able to calcuate on resistance from the waveform.

One device is bad (always on). It could be due to ESD, but I'm not going to go through the hassle for 1 out of 60.

I'll measure gate leakage next, but I had 60 IRF9540 shipped in a plastic bag and none appear to have gate oxide damage. The AE MOSFETs will always be suspect but, for the price, I can't complain much. They appear to function.

Last edited:
How odd. I visited that page by following that link at least twice today and half a dozen times before when I was checking to see if my feedback had been posted.

I check my credit card activity pretty regularly and haven't seen any unauthorized charges from visiting that link.
I had to test all of the devices. Apparently higher gate capacitance makes the device less susceptible to oxide damage from ESD. I'll post the reference if I come across it again.

On resistance seems to be what it's supposed to be, but I've only checked one device because I fell down an equipment rat hole. The digital scopes I tried to use didn't behave well when the input was being over driven. My Tek 7704A mainframe decided to stop working and the replacement needs to be calibrated. But I can over drive the range and be able to calcuate on resistance from the waveform.

One device is bad (always on). It could be due to ESD, but I'm not going to go through the hassle for 1 out of 60.

I'll measure gate leakage next, but I had 60 IRF9540 shipped in a plastic bag and none appear to have gate oxide damage. The AE MOSFETs will always be suspect but, for the price, I can't complain much. They appear to function.
That is rarely damage.You know the cheap is coming from every detail of low cost,include the package.

I've bought from amazon and the components were wrong so I asked for a refund and they refunded me after 10 weeks with a voucher for next purchase the service is bad

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I've bought from amazon and the components were wrong so I asked for a refund and they refunded me after 10 weeks with a voucher for next purchase the service is bad
Some of the items sold on Amazon and eBay use the same stock photos and descriptions as on AliExpress. The main difference being that prices are generally higher on Amazon and eBay.

I bought some Peltier junctions at walmart.com. They shipped from China, were poorly package, and 2 had broken corners.