Bulk ribbon cable?

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Any one have or use a reliable and cheap source of the multi colored and gray flay cabling. I am looking fo 8,10,14,18, 34. etc pin sizes. I would like to get a hundred foot roll of my commonly used sizes and at least 5 or 10 feet of the less used. An assortment would be great, but I think that is pie in the sky. Any help out there? I have a ton of connectors coming and would like for all my project boards to be connector and pin compatable. I realize a lot of the pin compatabiity rests with me, but I would still like to use ribbon cabling between boards. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.
Bob

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Thanks, Allen and Elec Mech. I found one roll of 10 pin on Ebay at a reasonable price,the rest are way over priced at 5-9 bucks a meter. The other suppliers look promising. Mouser, Allied and the big electronics houses all want at least a buck a foot plus freight and most dont really stock much of a selection in 1.0 pitch cable. I'll keep plundering around till I find some better prices.
WCB

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
mpja (Marlin P Jones) has reasonable prices on 50-100 ft rolls in various conductor counts. Link shown in elec_mech's post #3

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
It is very easy to strip wide ribbon cable down to a narrower size, so you don't have to have every size in stock, just the widest one (unless you actually need a large amount of some smaller size).