Built in DC-DC Converter in a microcontroller

nickatnite

Joined Mar 31, 2009
hello..
I have a built-in DC-DC Converter inside the microcontroller.
So basically it takes in 0.9v and outputs up to 3.3v, according to the schematics.:eek:

But I can't seem to figure out how to get it to working, since it's a recent technology ( i think it came out last year ) . :rolleyes:

How do I make it work ?:confused: Do i need to configure it in the program itself .. , the reason Why I say that is because I see a some of registers assigned to voltage regulator and DC-DC converter , I am pretty new to this stuff. :p

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
hello..
I have a built-in DC-DC Converter inside the microcontroller.
So basically it takes in 0.9v and outputs up to 3.3v, according to the schematics.:eek:

But I can't seem to figure out how to get it to working, since it's a recent technology ( i think it came out last year ) . :rolleyes:

How do I make it work ?:confused: Do i need to configure it in the program itself .. , the reason Why I say that is because I see a some of registers assigned to voltage regulator and DC-DC converter , I am pretty new to this stuff. :p
I'd believe the other way around. You give it 3.3V and it makes the 0.9 for the core. Many OLED and LCD controllers work that way.

DrNick

Joined Dec 13, 2006
Papabravo:

If nickatnite is referring to the AVR, it does have an integrated boost converter so that it can run directly off of a battery although it has a 3.3V core voltage.