building an amplifier

honda_stunter

Joined Dec 5, 2008
sorry to start this topic.. im new here...and im not sure if this has been discussed before..

anyways...i want to start building amplifiers..professional amps...not the ones u build for a dollar....im talking about ones you can sell..and make money....

one of my friends has a audio place and i want to start working with him...

i dont know how hard it is to make one of these pro amps..but i can try...

please link me to any websites that you know....
or a circuit diagram with parts list so i can build one...

thanx:)

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Check out Elliot Sound Products:
http://sound.westhost.com/
Lots of DIY ideas, PCBs and some kits.

Better to start out with solid state. Tube amps have high voltages, and the parts are pretty expensive nowadays.
SgtWookie,

I don't think these circuits are professional designs. They use a differential input pair with discrete transistors which is not working well because the transistors, even they are the same, are non matched to a high degree. It would be better to use a ready op amp which performs much better than these two discrete transistors.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Many people make The Gain Clone audio amplifier (look in Google). The ICs cost only $6.36US for each channel.
A guy in New York makes a stereo amp with them and sells hundreds for $4000.00US each!
Of course it has a fancy volume control and case plus a power transformer, rectifier and filter capacitor.

honda_stunter

Joined Dec 5, 2008
thank you all for the replies.....im going into electrical technology and i just started taking classes so i kno a little about electrons and stuff..