Building a spring reverb unit

donaroo1

Joined Aug 2, 2012
Hi

i am in the midst of making a spring reverb unit, it is my first electronics project and i could use some help from some people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than i am.

i have an Accutronics reverb tank model 8DB2C1D and i have some preamps from maplin. So far i have got the reverb driver, and the recovery amp working, but there are some modifications and additions i would like to add, but don't quite know how to go about it.

For the reverb driver i have used a 1 watt amplifier N48FL (see attachment)
I have got this to drive the strings in the reverb tank quite nicely but only when i power it with a 12v dc supply connected in parallel with a 9v battery.

For the recovery amp i have used a low noise stereo preamp N47FL (see attachment) this amplifies the reverberated sound nicely as well, I am also powering this preamp with 12v dc in parallel with a 9v battery.

i would like to add an op amp mixer so i can control the wet/dry mix using pots. Can anybody advise me on how to go about this please?

i have attached the pcb data sheets and a picture of my project so far

thankyou

leroy

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You can not power the amplifiers with 12 Volts parallel with a 9 Volts battery.
The battery will be getting hot and be damaged and might even explode.

Use either the battery OR the 12 Volts power supply to power the amplifiers.

Bertus

donaroo1

Joined Aug 2, 2012
hi bertus

i have tried this, but i does not amplify the signal, the 1 watt amp is rated to work between 4-12 v but when i just use the 12v supply i does nothing. i had these battery packs laying around so i decided to try it and it worked. could you suggest any thing i could do to get it working with just the supply?

thanks

leroy

Last edited:

EarlAnderson

Joined Nov 13, 2011
hi bertus

i have tried this, but i does not amplify the signal, the 1 watt amp is rated to work between 4-12 v but when i just use the 12v supply i does nothing. i had these battery packs laying around so i decided to try it and it worked. could you suggest any thing i could do to get it working with just the supply?

thanks

leroy
How many mA is your 12V supply rated for.

Your 12V supply or your 9V supply probably cant put out enough current by themselves, but can put out enough current when connected in parallel.

Also, what is the wattage on your recovery amp?

Last edited: