Bug Zapper Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris15

Joined Apr 15, 2009
Hello
i want to build a 'Bug Killing Station' which will attract the bugs in an area and kill them. i have LED's then a wired mesh fence, all i need is to connect some voltage to it so they will die, but not painfully.the station works, i have seen bugs fly toward it and am just waiting for the volts. i had connected a bug detterer Audio sound to it but then remembered that if i dettur them they wont get zaped.

I connected a car battery to it but noting happened, and im sure that if the thin wires touch they will just melt or get red hot as there is too much amperage in the car battery.

Could anyone help me out with a circuit that i can connect to my mesh net that will be the same as a bug zapper, i looked around for a bug zapper so i could just connect that but i couldnt find any, Dam australia. plus i cant say i built the whole thing. I dont want it to be plugged into a wall al i want the unit to be portable, just normal battery, i think they use AA battery.

Thanks, Chris

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The problem is voltage, you need more than 12V. You can buy portable bug zappers that look like tennis rackets from Harbor Freight that charge a capacitor to high levels.

Death is painful, it is the nature of the subject. If you want to kill these bugs it needs to be quick. What will kill a bug will also kill a human. A lot of bugs have chitin, which is an insulator, unlike soft squishy humans. These circuits for the most part are not safe. What is your experience level?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You started a thread like it last year, the taser like circuit.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=31736

Quote from beenthere:

It's a matter of forum polity. From the terms of use:
Forum members must not knowingly provide any information that may adversely affect another member; this includes, but is not restricted to, information that may potentially result in injury, death, damage or destruction of property and possessions.
It does not take much to do damage when building high voltages.

Please abandon this line of inquiry.

Bertus

Status
Not open for further replies.