bridge rectifiers help

w4audi

Joined Feb 18, 2013
hi guys new to this forum. I have a Exide battery charger model # ( 70-100 ) with 4 button type 75 Amp 400 Volt Positive Diode I would like to replace it with a bride rectifier. can some one tell me what bride rectifiers I can use to replace the button diodes.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Single phase bridge rectifiers generally only go up to 50 amps.

I never thought of it before but you could likely use a 3 phase unit without a problem. Just leave one input bare. There are several 75 to 100 amp units for three phase on Amazon.com for about 20 to $25.

My question is, why do you want to switch? Single units like you have will handle heat much better than a thick brick.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
hi guys new to this forum. I have a Exide battery charger model # ( 70-100 ) with 4 button type 75 Amp 400 Volt Positive Diode I would like to replace it with a bride rectifier. can some one tell me what bride rectifiers I can use to replace the button diodes.
Why do you want to modify an existing design that has been designed and tested by a team of engineers?

Exide is not exactly a no name company. I would hope they knew what they were doing when they designed the charger.