bosch boom box troubleshooting

lemoncoke

Joined Oct 22, 2008
I have a bosch boom box that I took apart to solder the speaker wires,now it doesnt work. The problem is that the display on the radio comes on but nothing else. It has a gfci outlet on it and that works, but the radio and the display don't work. It makes a high pitch noise when I plug it in. I replaced the fuse in it and it still does't work. I am just wondering if this is something I can fix,with someones help from here or not any help would be appericated very much. By the display I mean the numbers on it don't come on or the radio stations. Is there any basic things to check? I got this radio for free and don't want to put much money into it if possible. Thnaks Hope this enough info

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Did it work before you open it?

Check for the case you disconnected the cable connecting the display with the main board or another cable (usually they are root cables).

Did you solder anything on the pcb?

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Well, we cant guess from here!!

I think that you unplugged an internal wire accidentally. It may be not obvious so check all the cables for proper connection on the pcb.

Another think i have in mind is the case you were charged at a high voltage (static electricity) and when you touched (if you did) the pcb you destroyed a mos transistor or a chip because they are sensitive to static electricity.