boost converter

lapputappu

Joined Nov 25, 2009
hiii friends i m making a practical model of boost converter ...
V r trying to boost 24 v d.c to 300 v d.c ......
so plz if any body can help me in this to make my project tell me first wot r the basic things i m gonna need ?
Actually i have worked on the software model of this project which was quite appreciable...
u can go through the software model ..

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=30691
now if u help me i'll be quite grateful to u.....

wot else u wanna kno in the technical terms jst tell me ...

lapputappu

Joined Nov 25, 2009
hey wookie thanx yaar ..perhaps u forgot but u r the person helped me in making my software model of this project, i hav gone through the page now and earlier also (the link u provided ). i had shown this circuit diagram to my teacher but he said it's not gonna work for boosting upto 300v d.c and it is very common thing which is given here.
so according to my requirement give me some basic ideas for what i m gonna need.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Yaar? Are you a pirate? :rolleyes:

No, I remember helping you with your simulation model.

I still don't know what your goal is. 300VDC output, but at what current?

If your current requirement is low, you might use a boost converter.

If your current requirement is low to medium, you might use a flyback converter.

If you need high current output, you need a different topology altogether.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
In your original simulation, you were trying to get 300VDC out of a boost converter with a 50 Ohm load. That's a 6A output current requirement.

If your input is 24v, and the converter was 85% efficient, then you would need:
6A * 300v /(24v * 85%) = 88.24A current on the input.

lapputappu

Joined Nov 25, 2009
v r trying to run a three phase 1 hp motor of 220v ,6 amp ,50 hz. so as per ur calculations it needs 46.75amp current .how it can be attained ?
smone has also told me y dnt u r doin it with 1kw inverter .all u wud hav to do is change the transformer winding for three phase output.but wot d prblm with it is v r getting a quasi sine wave output wch is producing humming sound.so now wot can u help ?
ur ideas are most welcomed.

lapputappu

Joined Nov 25, 2009
we are trying to run a three phase 1 hp motor of 220v ,6 amp ,50 hz. so as per your calculations it needs 46.75amp current .how it can be attained ?
someone has also told me why don't you are doing it with 1kw inverter .All u would have to do is change the transformer winding for three phase output.but what the problem with it is we are getting a quasi sine wave output which is producing humming sound.so now what can u help ?
your ideas are most welcomed.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I think your calculations may be off.

The motor is 220v 3-phase 600ma 50hz. Why do you feel you need 46.75 amps to run this?

It is .6A not 6A correct?

lapputappu

Joined Nov 25, 2009
WE are trying to run a three phase 1 hp motor of 220v ,6 amp ,50 hz. so as per your calculations it needs 46.75amp current .how it can be attained ?
somemone has also told me why dont you are doing it with 1kw inverter .all you would have to do is change the transformer winding for three phase output.but what the problem with it is we are getting a quasi sine wave output which is producing humming sound.so now wot can u help ?
your ideas are most welcomed.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
A 1kw inverter would not be enough.
220VAC x 6A is 1.32kw, and that is if it is already running. Stall current would likely be several times that much.

You will probably need around 6kw-9kw to get the motor running under load from zero RPM.

That is 250 to 375 Amperes at 24v, even with a 100% efficient inverter.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
retched,

The OP stated before, in another thread, they wanted 300V @ 50 ohms. Now he's stating it's a 1 HP three phase, so the original calculations will be off.