Boolean equation, Help please

jAyEem

Joined Aug 12, 2011
i have my project to be pass very soon and i have this equation Y=A'B'C'D'+A'B'C'D+A'B'CD+A'BC'D+A'BCD'+AB'C'D'+AB'CD'+ABC'D'+ABCD';
Then i have tried to group them in according to there most common terms as possible, then leads me to Y=A'B'C'(D'+D):)+A'B'CD:)+A'B(C'D+CD'):(+B'D'(AC'+AC):)+ABD'(C'+C):);
after that, i tried to simplify all in parentheses such as D'+D=1,AC'+AC=A,C'+C=1. But then i have some problem with one of the equation which was in the parenthesis like A'B(C'D+CD') in the equation above...how will i then simplify that? can i ask some suggestions on how will i gruop my unsimplified to make it easier to simplify? or is A'B(C'D+CD')=?, can it be simplified? or is it =1 or =0?:confused: Well, i have this software tells me that according to my unsimplified equation, its minimized form should be like this Y=AD'+A'B'D+A'C'D+BCD'+B'C'D'; how will i come up with this? please i realyy need help..i want to pass this subject...

Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Please do not post your question more than once. This forum is not interactive.

You posted with the smilies turned on.

To fix the smilies problem:
1) Click the "Edit" button below your first post.
2) On the next screen, click the "Go advanced" button.
3) On the next screen, click in the box to the left of "Disable smilies in text" above the "Manage Attachments" button near the bottom.
4) Click the "Save" button.

jAyEem

Joined Aug 12, 2011
ooops...im sorry, i just thougth that if i post my question twice with a different tilte, it would be much easier for me to find some one who can answer my question...thanks :)