Body Sensor Network for Pulse rate

Konks

Joined Jul 13, 2014
I wish to design and construct a body sensor network for pulse rate using xbee series 1 module, easy pulse device, an avr microcontroller and a computer as a server. The main challenge I have now is how to program the avr microcontroller such that it receives pulse data from the easy pulse device sends to the computer wirelessly through the xbee modules.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Is the easy pulse device a complete module? Commercial or your own design? Do you know if the device is successfully talking to the AVR? How is it interfaced? Voltage level to an ADC? Serial comms of binary value? Serial comms of text values?

I'd break the problem into discrete steps.

Connecting the easy pulse device: I'd write a small test program that displayed received data on LEDs, an LCD screen or a serial terminal (like Hyperterm or Putty on a PC). I did this when interfacing a custom analog circuit to a built in ADC on a uP.

Communicating between the AVR and PC via the XBees: Again, I'd write a short test program. The XBee documentation and forum should be a great help here. (I've not used an XBee, but have done extensive serial comms programming)

Then, combine what you've learned into the first attempt at your program.