Boat

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I wanna play with boats. :) A toy boats. :D

Um, I heard of using a dynamo and an AA batteries. But I'll need some good advice from you veterans. :D

Pls forgive my favor. OK?

Thanks...

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
What would a dynamo be for? You need some motor to drive and servo to steer at least.
Do you want it radio controlled? That´s not really an easy goal to achieve in DIY.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
You can start with making one go straight, use a motor with a small propeller on it and hook it to some AA batteries.

After that if you still want control over it you need to hook it to wires, or go wireless which is difficult to do by yourself, like kubeek said, or expensive, as you need to buy a transmitter and receiver and such.

You might be able to disassemble a toy remote control car and use it if you're really clever about how you mount things.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Or, you could build a hovercraft!
One of those simple motors and a 9 volt did it for me when I was your age, after tuning the air downturn thingy size, I got them to shoot across the kitchen about 3 inches in the air and at about 10 mph (faster than you can run) (I measured it by tying it to a string and seeing how long it took to go around a circle of set radius).
Look at this
http://www.instructables.com/id/Fifteen-Minute,-Self-propelled-hovercraft/

If you do it well it will work on calm water too :D

I think I might make a remote controlled one of these now...