bluetooth simulation in matlab or blueZ

devanshi

Joined Jan 5, 2014
im doin thesis on bluetooth indoor positioning and want to do simulation in MATLAB..bt dont know how to get started with the coding...simulation in blueZ would also work..thnku

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
It would be helpful if you could provide a little more information on exactly what is it that you want to simulate - the protocol? the embedded controller? do you want to use MATLAB to communicate with a Bluetooth module serially?

BlueZ is a protocol stack for Linux. AFAIK you'd need to set it up on a host to begin communication, it is not a simulation suite.

EDIT: Here is an older AAC forum thread that you might find relevant

Last edited:

devanshi

Joined Jan 5, 2014
the problem is i dont know anything about how to get started..my thesis is on bluetooth indoor positioning..and i want to improve the accuracy..so i hv no idea about simulation..so could you please tell me what i shud do..it will be great help..
thnku

ActivePower

Joined Mar 15, 2012
Again, I think a little more information about your project is needed.

1. What exactly are you trying to do?
2. What are your requirements or specifications?
3. What have you done so far?

I don't have much experience in Bluetooth comms, personally. But it sounds like you want to have a beacon of some sort communicate wirelessly with a host (possibly a PC) and to receive (send?) location information in it's packets.

You'd need some sort of a positioning algorithm running on the host and perhaps a microcontroller on the receiver (is it a robot?). Without much information it is hard to tell exactly what you may need.

Although Google tells a lot more than I ever can.

There is even a thesis you could look at (Googled, as usual).

Please post any relevant details and your approach so far.

HTH.

Last edited: