Bluetooth Headphones Win7 can't find them - working fine on Win10 / phone etc.

TobiChaos

Joined Jul 21, 2022
Hello!...
I'm Tobi, this is my first post there and im posting cuz im out of ideas what to do...

I have wireless headphones that i was using via Bluetooth.
For long time it was working fine but few days ago i lost my Bluetooth Adapter for Win7...

I bought new Bluetooth and was trying to connect my Headphones again...

On Windows 10 Headphones works fine ( but this computer had Bluetooth from beginning )
On Phone Headphones works also fine ( but well... phone... so yee it had Bluetooth too )
On Windows 7 Headphones were working fine ( but with old - dead Bluetooth Adapter )

Windows 7 is detecting my Bluetooth Adapter ( i can see it in Device Manager )
But when im serching for devices its not working, Headphones don't show...

I think it was maybe because Headphones are still connected with old Bluetooth Adapter
- While old adapter was working Headphones were connected and instantly DCed ( aka. "unsafe unplug" )
But i have no idea how to remove them from old Bluetooth... and i can't connect this Bluetooth anymore...

I was trying with "Show Hidden" in Device Manager but I'm either dumb and i don't see it... or there is nothing...

I'm really mad cuz I'm using Win7 90% of the time, I'm using Win10 only when i really have to
but now Headphones don't work and i want them to work :/...
I paid 20$ for this Bluetooth and im feeling like i got Scammed... cuz first time i paid 5$ for very similar device...
And its not even working... I was trying alone for 2 days but i guess i need Your help... i can't even return it anymore to shop...

Hope I'm typing in right channel :)...
Please help me get my Music back when I'm working!... ( thats 99% of my use of these headphones xD music while working )

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Windows 7 is detecting my Bluetooth Adapter ( i can see it in Device Manager )
With that in mind using the device manager open that device. Choose the device, RIGHT click and choose update driver. That or just double click (RIGHT) and see what if any drivers are installed. That's where I would start looking.

Ron

TobiChaos

Joined Jul 21, 2022
With that in mind using the device manager open that device. Choose the device, RIGHT click and choose update driver. That or just double click (RIGHT) and see what if any drivers are installed. That's where I would start looking.

Ron
Ok i did forgot about checking for updates but i just checked and Windows is saying that Drivers are fine.

I also removed Drivers and connected Bluetooth Adapter again - Windows showed message "Installing Drivers" and after 2/3 sec showed message that Drivers were successfully installed - after that notification Drivers showed back in Device Manager.

Then i restarted computer and was trying again to find Headphones... but nothing showed...

I also created fresh new User on Windows that is Admin and was trying to find Headphones from fresh new user... nothing...

What is rly interesting that my old phone that im not using for like 6 years already is still showing on connected Devices...
But Headphones not... like they don't even exists for my computer...
1658448922356.png

I'm really tired of this Bluetooth... tbh i really hate these wireless headphones...

I also have wireless keyboard and i don't know how it works but its not Bluetooth... it have its own tiny USB Device...
and Keyboard works so perfect, but these Bluetooth fk**$ headphones are so fk**$ ***$...

I think i just wasted money, 20$ on that new Adapter was not much but 110$ on Headphones...
well i guess I'm gonna have headphones for Windows 10 that im not even using... great.

Well I'm tired after work and after again searching for solution for this problem, for last 3 hours I'm checking answers on many forums and browsing old topics on Stackoverflow, microsoft and everywhere else nothing works...

i was even in regedit deleting some registers cuz someone said to do it and wtf...

I'm having problem with these headphones for 3 days again...
I think im gonna go sleep now cuz its late here...

I hope when i wake up someone will share knowledge with me and be able to help me...
If i don't fix that tomorrow im just gonna buy new headphones... and I'm never gonna use bluetooth again...

these headphones are really gar**ge too...
Imagine that Designer decided that BATTERY LEVEL is NOT IMPORTANT so there is no like just single RGB Light or something showing you Battery level... u have to either go to Devices and manualy check battery level or just guess battery...

Just suggestion for other ppl...
If You ever want to buy Bluetooth Headphones... just save your time and money...
buy 50 m long USB cable and you gonna have like 10 times better solution...

for real... I'm really mad i wasted so much time on this thing and its still not working.

Anyway... thank You Ron for trying to help me but i guess I'm just gonna buy new headphones...
I don't want to spend any more time on trying to fix it, i wasted enough time that i could just take more hours at work and earn money to buy headphones instead... its not worth trying to fix it...

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The TS is experiencing what I see as a common fatal flaw with microspht products, which is intentional incompatability between versions. But what would one expect with a product that is sold long before the bugs are fixed? What sort of thinking allows products that need weekly fixes and patches downloaded?? Really! And why does the public buy software that they know is full of bugs???

Would anybody buy a new car that would require major safety recalls every week??

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Often such a problem is that some software is looking for the device at a different port than where the device is located. That is a typical microsopht screw-up, based on a lack of caring and a lack of integrity. The program will not consult the computer to discover where the connection actually is, although the computer has found the correct port.