Bluetooth and micro controller

kakorio

Joined Mar 26, 2013
HI Guys,

I am trying to work on a project to control/interpret input from a bluetooth paired device with a micro controller. I know little to nothing about microcontrollers and programming but I am eager to begin this journey.

This is what I would like to achieve:

I would have 2 bluetooth devices connected to a microcontroller, battery and speaker.

One of them will simply be searching for the other microcontroller every 10 seconds or so until it finds it and pairs.

The other one, will be turned off and when turned on by the user, it will search for the other device and pair.

This is what I would like to do for now but i havent even be able to send a single AT command in AT mode to modify the default settings of the bluetooth.

This is what I have so far:

Bluetooth HC-05 connected to PC with "USB to TTL" cable. I have been able to get the bluetooth in AT mode (judging by the led signals stated in the manual) however I am not able to get any response from the bluetooth with the Zterm app.

I would like to try the programing through the computer first and when i am sure is working, program it to a micro controller.

I know this isn't much of a challenge for most of you but I will truly appreciate any help you could give me with this. From software required to do programming to tips. I have a MAC with OS X and been using Zterm for all the efforts. I am getting a port with the name of the device when in AT mode so i am guessing something is working.

I will truly appreciate any help you could provide.