Blue tooth 4.0 usb 2.0 csr 4.0 dongle adapter for pc laptop win xp vista 7,8,10

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Blue tooth 4.0 usb 2.0 csr 4.0 dongle adapter for pc laptop win xp vista 7,8,10

Purchase from ebay anyone know if this blue tooth dongle when connected to laptop can play back audio from laptop to a wireless blue tooth speaker
Enclosed picture of dongle.
Thank your help
mrel

Attachments

Bod

Joined Sep 18, 2016
Hello mrel,
If you already have wireless bluetooth speakers, you wont need that, just connect them to your computer.

However, if you need that and want to transfer audio, a link to the page would be appreciated. From what I can see on your picture is that it can't transfer audio.
Maybe you were looking for one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123019462381.

Thanks,
Bod

DbLoud120

Joined May 26, 2014
I have a similar bluetooth dongle on a desktop pc running windows 10 pro. I am able to play audio to a bluetooth speaker.
When I connect speaker it shows up as headphones.
If your system is set to automatically play through headphones when connected it will play on your Bluetooth speaker.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hello mrel,
If you already have wireless bluetooth speakers, you wont need that, just connect them to your computer.

However, if you need that and want to transfer audio, a link to the page would be appreciated. From what I can see on your picture is that it can't transfer audio.
Maybe you were looking for one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123019462381.

Thanks,
Bod
That dongle in the picture i post don't work on my window xp Acer laptop unless connecting it wrong.
USB Bluetooth Receiver Adapter Wireless Audio Adapter Car Kit Music Receiver Car .
You post this website adapter for car ,will this work on window xp laptop say for car.
mrel

Moderators note : reduced font size as large fonts are like shouting

Last edited by a moderator:

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
I have a similar bluetooth dongle on a desktop pc running windows 10 pro. I am able to play audio to a bluetooth speaker.
When I connect speaker it shows up as headphones.
If your system is set to automatically play through headphones when connected it will play on your Bluetooth speaker.
Since you using window 10 and i am using window xp maybe that why not working.
Are you using a wireless bluetooth speaker?
Are you also using same dongle in picture i post?
mrel

DbLoud120

Joined May 26, 2014
Since you using window 10 and i am using window xp maybe that why not working.
Are you using a wireless bluetooth speaker?
Are you also using same dongle in picture i post?
mrel
Hi mrel
I am using a wireless bluetooth speaker but the dongle is similar only to the extent that it is same shape and size.
I am using an ASUS dongle that has a Broadcom chipset whereas yours has CSR chipset.

It could be the capabilities of the driver software or the operating system.

DbLoud120

Joined May 26, 2014
Hi mrel
I am using a wireless bluetooth speaker but the dongle is similar only to the extent that it is same shape and size.
I am using an ASUS dongle that has a Broadcom chipset whereas yours has CSR chipset.

It could be the capabilities of the driver software or the operating system.
Hi mrel
Ok, today I connected my bluetooth dongle to an old laptop I have running Win XP.
Once I installed updates I installed the software for the bluetooth.
I was easily able to play windows media player through a small bluetooth speaker.
I would say it is your bluetooth that is the issue.
Does your pc indicate that you are connected to your speaker? What kind of services does it say it offers?
Did your bluetooth come with software?