BlU R1 plus R0050UU or R0051UU quick and dirty graphics driver repair.

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
I have an older phone like this that I have replaced a screen on twice. First time the repair went great and I used it for a few years more after that. This time I got the screen in and it will only boot to a black screen. The phone shop is telling me it is a bad graphics driver.

I am curious does anyone know a quick and dirty fix for this. I already got a new main board for the phone so at this point it is just a matter of data recovery. I was almost thinking of baking the main board to see if that would be a nice temporary fix? The other possible option is I have seen USB sticks that you take the old memory IC off the phone and then solder it to the stick. I am not sure though it would work proper without a format and this would take more research. The Final option I guess is the same move with the new main board. IDK any advice would be appreciated. I kinda want to avoid reballing IC's if I can as my skill at this is virtually 0.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like you're on your own with this matey, for what it's worth the cost of trying to repair it against getting another mobile phone isn't worth it.

Teljkon

Joined Jan 24, 2019
Looks like you're on your own with this matey, for what it's worth the cost of trying to repair it against getting another mobile phone isn't worth it.
Not really worried about repair I basically already have a new phone in the form of a new main board. Plus I am using a whole new phone. Its really about data recovery more than anything.