Blown PSU

Goldie HDI

Joined Jun 9, 2012
I've been in contact with the company that sold me the board and they're willing to repair it for me, so I'm going to send it back.

Thank you for your help Kubeek, I appreciate t

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi Goldie HDI

I am really sorry tht I wasn't available to help u.
If u had PM me thru AAC then I would have known. Cause I log in every night to AAC before going to sleep. But I rarely check my email.
I just saw ur email and ur thread too.

I know If I was here u could have fixed it.

I like to tell u that I am disappointed for the fact tht no body in AAC did anything to notify me that a member is in need of my help, since ur post did address me.
The members do know I am busy in starting a new workshop and I am at it 24/7 since 5th of this month. But I do post every other night since I log in almost every night.

This place is not how it use to be.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Hey I was reading the post and didn’t understood properly why Goldie HDI connected the output to external source...Goldie HDI why are you after that PIC (may be PIC16F84A),in PSU it will be isolated from the output section anyway most probably its not damaged, you must check the output section like mainly the power MOSFETs.

Good Luck

Goldie HDI

Joined Jun 9, 2012
Hi Rifaa, I asked for your help because you were very concise when you helped the other guy with a similar problem, and the issue was resolved. But you can't be expected to be everywhere all the time, especially when undertaking projects of such magnitude like your new workshop. Kubeek has been very helpful and quick to reply, which I appreciate a lot. I have sent the power supply back to the supplier now and hope to have it back within the month, so all is good on that front.

debjit625, I had a friend look at the board, he did not find an issue, he suggested that the PIC may be a problem. I was getting a bit tired of messing about with this board so was glad to have an excuse to send it away. ps I connected 12v+ to the ground and 12V- to the remote. I did not connect the output to an external source.