Blown PSU

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Even if that was it, unless the manufacturer is really stupid there is no way to get the program out from it, assuming the chip still works..

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I have a feeling that the chip doesn´t do anyhting more than times the switching of the remote control, the smaller smd looks like it does all the supply functions. I´ll try to find something.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Pins 9 and 10 enable the step down converters, you can see the two caps that are shown in the datasheet, and there probably wil be a resistor between the pic and each control pin.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Also on the photo of the back side, you can see three traces coming from the far right to the pic, the top one of the three is likely enable pin for the 12V switcher, check how that one connects to the pic too. And just to be sure the two others as well.

Goldie HDI

Joined Jun 9, 2012
pin 9 has 19M resistance to pic pins 1,2,3.4,5,7,12,14,17,18 (I imagine via the circuit), It is open circuit to pins 6,8,9,10,11,13,15 and directly connected to PIC pin 16

Pin 10 doesn't seem to connect

Goldie HDI

Joined Jun 9, 2012
Also on the photo of the back side, you can see three traces coming from the far right to the pic, the top one of the three is likely enable pin for the 12V switcher, check how that one connects to the pic too. And just to be sure the two others as well.
I'm scratching my head about what you mean in this question, which traces are you talking about?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
sorry im starting to get lost, could you draw it all in one picture? Also, the pin 10 has to be connected to something or it just wouldn´t work. Did you take the ic out of the socket? do you have a multimeter with continuity test? You can hold one probe to pin 10 and then randomly poke with the other until you find where it goes.

Goldie HDI

Joined Jun 9, 2012
I have removed the IC from its socket, and I do have a multimeter with continuity test. what software should I use to draw this?