bldc motor speed control

jim2618

Joined May 21, 2014
i need to control the speed of bldc motor ...the motor is without sensors.. i m using arduino mega 2560 for pwm.. i need an alternative circuitry for electronic speed controller.. help plzz.. m stuck up:(

jim2618

Joined May 21, 2014
motor is KDA-20-22L it has peak current of 18 amps ..dont knw abt rc emc controller !! i think three phase bridge invertor circuit is to be made...

jim2618

Joined May 21, 2014
but still there is no clear picture how to start.. for reference purpose the motor,s speed is controlled by using esc but it was only a reference work !! the main problem is to make an alternative for it..jim

enggricha

Joined May 17, 2014
I think Max was referring to an RC ESC... i would recommend the same too, if you do not have any 3phase design experience. RC ESCs mostly have a AT Mega controller on them that can be reprogrammed, that way u can use ur own firmware and not bother about doing the design urself. BTW if u want a sensorless control then u should be looking elsewhere.

jim2618

Joined May 21, 2014
it is the requirement of the project that alternative is required !! ESC,s are easily available we need to make our own circuit bro

jim2618

Joined May 21, 2014
this was sensored man !! told ya i need sensorless approach !! this help i can get from google as well but blogs contain more information than this

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Yes the RC ESC are sensorless as is the large higher voltage Fisher & Paykel motors used in washing machines.
The RC are typically very large currents for short periods, 20A is typical for e.g.
Have you searched the app notes of IR., Freescale, Picmicro etc, there are quite a few sites to glean info from, but the majority of BLDC motors are commutated, (sensored).
Max.