Blacklight retribution, any players?

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Anyone with a moderately powerful pc who likes to play should seriously check it out, you can download from their site, or steam
no story-line, just online play, but the graphics are amazing and the whole game in general is amazing and slick looking :)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
How about DayZ? Have you heard about it?

It's in Alpha and still very glitchy, but the standalone version will come out soon and we hope it will fix all of that.
It has offered me the most immersing gaming experience I ever had.

luvv

Joined May 26, 2011
It belongs to PWI...

I have a real distaste for their games,not because of gameplay, because of their slimy business model.
They sell pixels like it was crack..and people pay for it..free to play,pay to win...

They rarely update content unless it comes w/ a new way to sell you pixels,and customer support is nearly non existent.

Just to give you a idea of how bad pay to win games can be,years ago I played PW,some Japanese business man spent 25k$ on pixel power and would go around all day clearing the server.....was just like the SouthPark WoW episode..

You would think something like that would cause people to quit playing,but noo..people in my clan just started dumping savings,bill money,rent etc into the game in a attempt 1 up the guy.

Watching all that kinda jaded me on the whole mmo thing,now days its pc/console all the way.
But that's just me,I'm part of the Nintendo generation =)

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Err, luvv,

Which games are you referring to, specifically?

Because the creator of DayZ didn't ask for a single penny to give his mod to the public.

And what is PWI?

luvv

Joined May 26, 2011
Err, luvv,

Which games are you referring to, specifically?

Because the creator of DayZ didn't ask for a single penny to give his mod to the public.

And what is PWI?

Sorry Geo,

Was referring to the topic game blacklight, it is one of many games created by Perfect World Entertainment/International(PWE/I).

And the game I played of theirs is Perfect World the "flagship" game they have.

I had a look at Dayz, it looks to be a straight FPS which I sux at on pc...

Also looks to have some issues w/ hackers,childlike admins...not uncommon for f2p,but otherwise looks interesting.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Yea, i've heard of dayZ, my roommate plays it, it's too glitchy for my tastes, i just found them too annoying. when those are fixed, it will be awesome

and true, you can pay for stuff in blacklight, but you also get points just for playing, and you can use that for upgrades in place of $
I've found it quite fun personally, no server clearing a$$es yet

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
For me the best game model is the one Riot Games uses for League of Legends: You can use money to unlock things faster in the game, but there is no content that you cannot obtain given the adequate time.
Only character skins require money exclusively to be bought, but they don't have any effect on the gameplay.

It gives you the personal reassurance that regardless of money spent, every player has the same chances of winning and only practice can win matches.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Yea, that's about how this is
the only things that can't be earned with in game experience are things that are essentially useless, like gun tags and such