Black and Decker 1.7Cu-Ft Mini Fridge

vinny8765

Joined May 28, 2012
Model # BNA17B
115V 60Hz
1.6A
130W
Motherboard?: PCB90425K2

The problem I have with this is fridge is that it gets my room way too hot. It uses dual Peltier thermal-electric cooling modules for it's primary source of cooling. It works but it's not very efficient as we all know. I was wondering if I could swap out the 90mm fans for something else such as a delta fan, but my concern is that the stock fans are operating at 12v .16A and a delta fan would draw much more amps than that. So would it be alright if I switched the stock fans to one of these? And if any, what modifications would I have to do? I would also like to be able to just replace that board with a PSU from a computer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835132021
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705013

Last edited:

vinny8765

Joined May 28, 2012
Yeah I gotcha:p But my main objective is to remove and dissipate the heat with better fans(higher rpms and higher cfm) but since they draw more power, I was wondering if it was okay if I added fans with higher amperage requirements.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It seems you are asking if the "motherboard" can power bigger fans. We can't tell from here, but you can use a relay. Have the motherboard run a relay and have the relay run the fans.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Model # BNA17B
115V 60Hz
1.6A
130W
Motherboard?: PCB90425K2

The problem I have with this is fridge is that it gets my room way too hot....
If your real problem is what you stated above, the addition of fans will only change the rate at which you heat the room. The overall energy being added to the room will stay pretty much the same. A small additional amount of heat will be added to the total from the higher wattage fans you use.

Only by bringing in cooler air will you succeed in lowering the overall temperature of the room.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Create a loop of outdoor air to be used by the fans.
Problem: Heat generated stays indoors.
Solution: Put it outdoors.
A tiny cooler like that might work with 4 inch clothes dryer tubing. Outdoor air comes in, gets hotter, goes back outdoors.

vinny8765

Joined May 28, 2012
That's a good idea, although it gets quite warm here in Texas. Not sure if the air would be cooler from outside. Maybe I should relocate to somewhere further up north. That would fix the problem.

Last edited: