bi-polar junction transistors

milly molly mandy

Joined Sep 4, 2008
Hi,

I just want to thank you for your brilliant clear explanation of "bi-polar junction transistors" & other things about transistors, which have really helped me to understand this subject for the first time in my life.

Some text books I have read shouldn't be in print, in my opinion, their authors are so useless at teaching things properly,sometimes they don't even seem to try, which appalls me.So it both benefits and cheers me to see some very good teaching texts written, as I have seen on this forum.

I feel sorry for young people, wanting to make a career of Electronics perhaps, but who have terrible teachers/text books that just drone on uselessly (and actually get paid for this).

Anyway, thanks for this Forum and its accompanying textbooks.

Hello !

I have found the same problem from trying to get understanding about electricity or electronics.Some seems to use the math approach and some will use Theories and their are those that use show and tell approach.But experiment is the frist and best way to learn anything.Then comes the math and metaphors and theories.For example,the internal resistance of a bi-polar transistor is imaginary sort of. It can't be measured directly.So the math approach is used.That is ,ohms law of voltage/current= resistance.Perhaps electricity is so invisible that it is hard to grasp with the hands or head.

b.shahvir

Joined Jan 6, 2009
Hi,

I just want to thank you for your brilliant clear explanation of "bi-polar junction transistors" & other things about transistors, which have really helped me to understand this subject for the first time in my life.

Some text books I have read shouldn't be in print, in my opinion, their authors are so useless at teaching things properly,sometimes they don't even seem to try, which appalls me.So it both benefits and cheers me to see some very good teaching texts written, as I have seen on this forum.

I feel sorry for young people, wanting to make a career of Electronics perhaps, but who have terrible teachers/text books that just drone on uselessly (and actually get paid for this).

Anyway, thanks for this Forum and its accompanying textbooks.
Hi, :)

I couldn't agree more with your experiences regarding textbooks. I think one problem is that the science of electricity and electronics is largely based on assumptions if the subject is to be understood.

:( I too am facing the same problem even though I'm a practising Electrical Engineer...... and this is exactly the reason why one should join interactive forums like AAC. It greatly helps one to get a practical and indepth insight into the said concepts.