Beware of onlinecomponents.com

biper

Joined May 29, 2009
Just wanted to alert everyone on a strange new policy at onlinecomponents.com. Within days of placing an online order I started to receive personalized e-mails and even phone calls from local distributor reps for the products I ordered.

Seems as though onlinecomponents.com actually sends your personal information to 3rd parties. I don't know what kind of privacy policy they have but its not one I want to associate with anymore.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Good to know. What part of the world are you in? Reason I ask is the Do Not Call list for telemarketers is active again (I've got to find the website myself).

biper

Joined May 29, 2009
I'm from Canada and they are shipping from the States. Been waiting on the order for 3 weeks now... sigh

We have a do not call list in this country but apparently its actually being used as a call list by telemarketers. Go figure

I'm from Canada and they are shipping from the States. Been waiting on the order for 3 weeks now... sigh

We have a do not call list in this country but apparently its actually being used as a call list by telemarketers. Go figure
America Online spends a huge fortune on television advertising, always insisting that they will do their utmost to respect the privacy and security of their customers. AOL is owned by Time-Warner, as in Time Magazine, and Warner Brothers Pictures. And Time-Warner itself is only the tip of the ice burg.

Well, anyway, it used to be the case that when you loaded the AOL software, and checked your marketing presets, you were defaulted to receive every form of junk mail you could possibly imagine.

The Microsoft Firewall was disabled, and the user was prevented from enabling it again.

You call up a technical line for help, and you get a _salesman_ who is _extreemly_ persistent.

No wonder the world economy is foundering. Where has simple decency gone?

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
I do business with four primary sources of supply: All Electronics, Jameco Electronics, Mouser Electronics and Newark Electronics. I've never had any problems with any of them. I recently made a huge order from Mouser and received it within three days...the order was accurate and I got everything I ordered! Maybe you should change your supplier to a company that has a good track record.

AchMED

Joined Aug 5, 2008
I agree with Radiohead. Deal with reputable and authorized distributors. This will decrease your odds significantly in getting bogus components and the headaches you are having right now.

I would add one to the list by radiohead though "Digikey" and maybe "future electronics".

I live in Canada as well and I do all my ordering from mainly Newark and some from Digikey for years now and never a problem. Between these two you should be able to find pretty well anything.