Better than a Hartley oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinyasi Qx

Joined May 8, 2017
... is this amplification of a resonant circuit--

https://is.gd/halleluyah

halleluyah.jpg

Not only do the oscillations of this circuit never die, but they continue to escalate at a pace so small, that it would take a lot of patience to discern the change. Merely a momentary snap of the switch located near the antenna A/C source on the far left is required to immediately output mega amps and giga volts. You could also hold the switch closed for too long and periodically reengage it. The outcome will remain the same at the expense of wasting power.

The DPST analog switches are clamped by a 3v DC source to remain in a fixed position without the possibility of toggling. They're Ron=4.5 nano Ohms vs Roff=10 mega Ohms.

This is a non-trapezoidal, approximated simulation tied to a whole, 1s time frame for some weird reason probably due to some inherent idealism which can't possibly be realized on the bench, perhaps? Thus, I offer this for your mild amusement and pleasure.

There's not much, if any, wiggle room for varying the values of any of its components. In other words, it's precisely tuned.

Last edited:

Vinyasi Qx

Joined May 8, 2017
The spark gaps are modeled to behave as neon bulbs. Normally, they're supposed to act as safety fuses and are attached to one leg of the bulb rated at either 100k or 220k Ohms, but this simulation seems to require them to be severely reduced to 1p Ohm.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
GigaHenry? Picoohms?

What's makes you think this circuit's behavior is not just an anomoly of the simulators calculation algorithms? Do you think something this abnormal can actually be built?

Vinyasi Qx

Joined May 8, 2017
Maybe the 1s time frame permits resonance to occur at that frequency and at no other due to some odd behavior of the simulator's parsing engine?

Vinyasi Qx

Joined May 8, 2017
GigaHenry? Picoohms?

What's makes you think this circuit's behavior is not just an anomoly of the simulators calculation algorithms? Do you think something this abnormal can actually be built?
The Giga values were one area of this circuit which I kept increasing (during its development) to try and slow down, or put a stop to, its rampant escalation to infinite values within the oscilloscopes. Not until I reduced the neon bulb's fuses to a single pico Ohm did it exhibit these oscillations at a nice steady pace of one second. Otherwise, it would either just sit there and do nothing, or else escalate wildly so fast that I didn't have time enough to turn *off* the JavaScript button in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window before it maxed out and died due to overload. In other words, spontaneous combustion was my biggest problem during the initial stages of its development. Of course, spontaneous combustion is probably the single factor that could hamper its actualization -- if actualization is at all possible. I don't know. I just live for the possibility that anything is possible in the realm of the imagination. As it is, I have never recovered from the shock in high school algebra class that anyone could take the square root of negative one seriously. I certainly don't. Yet, according to Eric Dollard, electrical phenomena occurring within the complex number field is the reason why the aether exists and why anyone could err in assuming that energy can be created or destroyed when in fact it can only be converted, albeit, into or out of a non-measurable (non-meter-able) format.

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I think this circuit was built long ago. It uses large masses of moisture and static electricity to charge itself then discharges large sparks in the gigavolt/megaamp range.

We've always called it lightning.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
Gigahenries + gigafarads + picoohms = Garbage In.
Your results = Garbage Out.

(Moderator's note: some text removed to maintain conformity to User Agreement -dc)

Instead of wasting your time dabbling in dumb stuff like this, do some reading about how Spice-based circuit simulators work so you'll know their limitations and not be led astray by whacky simulation results.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinyasi Qx

Joined May 8, 2017
I think this circuit was built long ago. It uses large masses of moisture and static electricity to charge itself then discharges large sparks in the gigavolt/megaamp range.

We've always called it lightning.
Wow!

"... as much as 300,000 amperes and one billion volts!" -- positive lightning

Gee, I've become a lightning bug:D for the past three months of non-stop development from simple beginnings derived from Eric Dollard's LMD (a miniature Tesla coil) ...

SWITCH CLOSED

SWITCH OPENED FAILS TO STOP THE ESCALATION

When I tried to save this experiment, I lost various components. The remaining ones were still humming ...
https://is.gd/WIPEOUT

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
I was wondering whether this is an over-unity discussion or not. That is a restricted topic under the User Agreement.

Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Perpetual motio ca not an d does not exist my farorite interpretation of the laws of thermodynamics.
1You can't win.
2. You can't break even.
3. You can't quit the game.

A quote source unknown.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Another one I just came up with.If you rip a $10 bill in half if each half is worth$10 Keep tearing it in half and you will get rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.