Best way to supply 10amps to 2 motors?

bzzzt

Joined Nov 1, 2010
Hi all,

I am trying to build a circuit which synchronizes the position of two motors, each of which will need to be supplied 10 amps. Is there such a motor driver that would drive 10 amps to two brushless DC motors? I also want it to be able to plug it into a wall as normal ( I would convert the AC to DC with a transformer and diodes).

Joined Nov 30, 2010
No single device can synchronize two motors unless the single device is a chain between the gears on the motor shafts. You have to "sense" the positions of each motor and use a second driver so either motor can be nudged until it catches up. It really is not a simple thing to do.

windoze killa

Joined Feb 23, 2006
No single device can synchronize two motors unless the single device is a chain between the gears on the motor shafts. You have to "sense" the positions of each motor and use a second driver so either motor can be nudged until it catches up. It really is not a simple thing to do.
Not quite true.

You can use servo positioning, a slotted wheel or some other type of position or speed sense and alter the drive to each motor. Quite easy really.