Best Software for drawing Schematic Diagram ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

majsyd2010

Joined Aug 29, 2010
G’day Guys...
Just wondering if anyone knows the best software (FREE) to draw schematic diagram just for personal level.
Any one’s help really appreciated..
Regards,
Maj

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I use Eagle, the 'free', smaller, limited version of course.

Other free ones might be better-I don't know, I've never used anything else. :D

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
I just entered "schematic software Eagle" into google and that was the first return.

Often times google gives better results with two or three words instead of just one

majsyd2010

Joined Aug 29, 2010
It didn't really worked much for me .. Thanks for your help anyways.

Any one else can help me please ..

Cheers,
Maj

majsyd2010

Joined Aug 29, 2010
Hay AlexR ... Thanks for your recommandition, Indeed that is the software I need. Anther question if you can help me, Where can I get the Library for TinyCad ?
Cheers,
Maj

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you are just interested in schematics you can download PaintCAD at my blog here at AAC.

Bill's Index

Introduction and PaintCAD

All it is is a bunch of templates you can cut and paste off from. You will see examples of my drawings throughout this site.

The other the other people are recommending will allow you to use the schematics to make PCS templates, a very worthwhile function.

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Hay AlexR ... Thanks for your recommandition, Indeed that is the software I need. Anther question if you can help me, Where can I get the Library for TinyCad ?
Cheers,
Maj
The program does come with a fairly extensive library but in my opinion the quality leaves a lot to be desired. You can also google for third party libraries or of course you can create your own symbols using the TinyCad's library utilities.
If you like you can send me a Private Message with your Email address and I can mail you my set of libraries. Its not all that extensive but the symbols it does contain have been drawn so that the connection snap to the grid points.

sbombs

Joined Feb 26, 2010
For simple schematics (single sided and two sided), use Fritzing. It runs on Mac, Linux, and even Windows. Very simple and easy. Has a simple autorouter. Has a Breadboard designer, Schematic designer, and PCB designer, AND keeps all three synchronized automatically. So, it follows your workflow, not the other way around. It generates masks for two sided boards, Color Breadboard diagrams, Schematics, BOM, Netlist, Gerber, all in a variety of formats. They also have a good comparison of many other EDA tools on their site. Fritzing is free (FOSS), developed by the University of Potsdam.

http://fritzing.org/about/comparison/

gEDA for bigger stuff, I'm not a fan of Eagle (though there are many who like Eagle.).

Fritzing Breadboard example:

Leonnard

Joined May 16, 2013
looks my post will be too late, sorry, but the question is still relevant.
I’ve tried Omnigraffle, and Conceptdraw, they both do a good job but Conceptdraw seems to be more powerful tool. I'm on Mac now and use windows laptop as well, so for me the ability of ConceptDraw to work on both is priceless.

If you are willing to spend money, if the team get's large, I would recommend you to look at Conceptdraw PRO. If you are dead set on open source and "free" software I would say that http://www.diagram.ly/ or any other that has been atound a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.