Best book on matlab

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good book for MATLAB. Specifically,I would like a book that has a lot of examples (with solutions) that show how to do structures and other core elements in matlab.

I have already used matlab to put in equations, change a variable and plot the outcome so I do understand a little but would like to read a book from beginning to end just to practice more.

I may possibly take a DSP (digital signal processing) module later in the year so if there is a book that could be recommended then that could help also.

I understand that MATLAB is used in several areas so the book that I am searching for is one that hits on the basics, but not the 'how to enter a matrix' and not use it for a practical purpose. I would like to be able read the book and feel more confident with the fundamentals and be able to apply them skills to, say a project that I later work on....sorry for rambling!

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
Hi there, I recommend this one for learning how to use MatLab:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0195179374/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

and this one for worked examples in a variety of different engineering settings:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0471734403/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

Good luck, would be good to hear wish one you go for and how you find it. MatLab is an important skill to learn so try not to just learn it for the exam, try to actually master it and know it inside out and dont forget to list it on your CV as one of your skills.

Best Wishes

David Barethon

Last edited:

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for the reply. Have you brought either of these books?

Yea my aim is to be able to use ideally as a job in the future but so that I could add it to my skills on my cv as you stated!

David_Baratheon

Joined Feb 10, 2012
yes I've used both books as both were recommended by my MatLab teacher at Uni as they have different approaches. I think these will really benefit you a lot

feel free to give some feedback if you purchase them