Beginner needs help with capacitor and resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortywes40

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Today I was handed a battery charger, a brass screen and a resistor and was told I would need a capacitor and that I was to figure out how to heat the brass screen till it glowed but I could not burn any holes in it. I have until tomorrow to figure it out and if I do I get to start school studying electrical engineering PLEASE HELP

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That does not say a lot for your school. The task is nonsense and could cause harm.

Some parameters might be of assistance. If that's a brass fireplce screen, for instance, you may be out of luck - or burn down the house.

Perhaps you have some information about the size of the screen, the voltage and current capacity of the charger, the size (in ohms and watts) of the resistor. Ans what the dubious function of the capacitor, not to mention its voltage rating and capacity.

I may have a suspicious nature, but this really does not sound much like a legitimate assignment. What school assigned this, and what school's acceptance are you trying for?

shortywes40

Joined Jun 29, 2010
It is a challenge to see if i can do it the battery charger is 12vdc with a setting for 2amps 40 amps 60 amps the screen is 12x24 the resistor is 50ohms and maybe the capacitor is a trick i dont no. I am going to school regardless my parents will make sure of that this was a challenge from my uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.