Because Of My Careless?

moorejohn90

Joined Dec 9, 2011
Hi, I was carelessly plug the power cord of my KENWOOD(110V) into 220V supply. After a few seconds, I find out :eek: I forgot to plug KENWOOD's cord to 110 transformer. But it was late, my KENWOOD doesn't work anymore. How do I fix it. Which part of KENWOOD are destroyed? Any advice.:confused:

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Your Kenwood what? Radio?

Maybe, if you are lucky only a fuse is blown. Did you see smoke or smell anything. Do you see anything melted?

More information will get better answers.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
If your power supply is like the one shown here, I would look at your caps, diodes, and, possibly, the regulators... and verify the power amp output...

EDIT: Looks like mbohuntr beat me to it! :)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Very unlikely the fuse is the only thing gone. Blowing the fuse meant high current flowed through it and that current had to go somewhere.

The diagram doesn't even show in input line fuse.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It will have blown the primary of the mains transformer, which then took out the fuse. So a new power transformer will be needed.

There may be something blown after the secondary of the power transformer, but not always.

Relayer

Joined Jan 1, 2013
You're going to need the aid of a digital multimeter. If you don't have one, then get one. Without it you're searching in the dark.
Regards,
Relayer :D:D:D

Even with a multimeter, without knowing what the part was or a schematic or service manual plus some electronics skills the OP is probably better off going to a repair shop.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
It will have blown the primary of the mains transformer, which then took out the fuse. So a new power transformer will be needed.

There may be something blown after the secondary of the power transformer, but not always.
That's happened to me as well (electrician picked up the wrong bus..) New power xfmr fixed it. (Bogen PA system).