BCD to dual 7 segment display

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
This situation comes up time and time again.

Member asks to solve problem A.

Member fails to tell us about A, B, C ... Z.

Always give us the big picture first.

Here is your solution:

Program an app for a mobile device such as an iPad or tablet of your choosing.
Tablet communicates with relay controller using Bluetooth.

Now you can sit in the center of your listening area or move around at will and be free to select your choice of amplifier and speaker combinations directly with your tablet in your hand.

philippe53

Joined May 4, 2014
hi,
IF you could locate a 74185 IC that would do the Binary to Two byte BCD conversion.
Thanks, I will try this, the ic is avaible on Ebay.

Here is your solution:

Program an app for a mobile device such as an iPad or tablet of your choosing.
Tablet communicates with relay controller using Bluetooth.
The idea of Mrchips is very good, there is only the relay interface to build; the son of one of my best friends works at google (programmer), I will ask him to write the application, thanks !

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I'm trying wrap my head around how we went from a purely hardware solution to repeatedly resisting a hardware/software hybrid solution in the form on an MCU (because of the software) to welcoming an almost purely software solution with open arms. Ah well.

I agree MrChips solution is elegant and his suggestion probably saved another four pages of posts. Seems more complicated to me but this is perhaps because I have no experience writing apps. I imagine a bluetooth module will cost a bit more, but if it saves time and labor or adds needed features, it's still a win.

I just hope MrChips patents this idea as well. :rolleyes:

Best of luck.

MrCarlos

Joined Jan 2, 2010
Hello everyone.

This topic: BCD to dual 7 segment display seems to me unfinished.
Excepting philippe53 lets see in His message #42

Let me make some suggestions, other than I did in my post #22.
The OP wants to show on 2 7-segment displays, the number from 1 till 20.
djsfantasi made ​​a suggestion in his post #12.
Answering this, Phillipe53 shows an image containing a circuit, in post #19; Gives an explanation saying that is exactly what he did.

I will show what the original idea and more or less the circuit you can look at message #19.
I include also another design made ​​with the IC MM74C922 which could serve the same purpose.

These circuits not shown from 0 to 20 but only from 0 to 15 on 2 Displays.
They could be improved to achieve the original goal of philippe53.

Attachments