Battery operated MIC with pre amplifier and line out signal ?

Kevil

Joined Jun 28, 2020
It is possible to buy wired microphone, battery operated (AAA/AA) with built in pre amplifier with line signal output for use in 14 PAX VAN in AUX input. I can't find it anywhere.

I have Defender MIC-130. Unfortunately the sound level is not sufficient even when I turn the level control in the car to the max.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
What is " 14 PAX VAN" ?
Are You trying to feed your Mic into your Car-Stereo ?,
this will only result in ear-splitting feedback screeching and howling.
You'll be lucky if your Tweeters, ( and your Ears ), survive the ordeal.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I am not familiar with the "14 Pax Van" device. But most AUX input connections are for a higher level signal, often over one volt. So you need a microphone signal pre-amplifier, and an interconnection cable.
It is not likely that such a high level microphone is available.
Also, LCQ is correct about feedback being likely. BUT if it is a vehicle sound system used to play rap so that others must hear it I will be happy to send you information about how to make the microphone sensitive enough to provide that function as described.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
You'll need a Headset with a Noise-Cancelling-Boom-Mic to prevent Feedback.
No one is going to be able to hear, or understand You, using the Factory-Stereo-Speakers.
You will need an EQ, and some Compression/Clipping to make your voice cut through the Road-Noise.

I recommend just turning around and yelling out loud !!!

If you're capable of a fairly advanced DIY-Project, I can provide You with a
Schematic of exactly what You need for PA in a Car, or an Intercom between riders on a Motorcycle.
HeadPhone Amp Flat .png

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
If the actual purpose is to implement a similar system to what is in the vehicles shown i that link, then the whole project is rather different.
So if the intention is to create a PA system for a multipassenger vehicle that is one thing, while if it is rather to provide a microphone for a system in an existing vehicle that is an entirely different project.
Does the intended vehicle already have some sort of sound system in place?
One option to provide a microphone input to the typical "line level" inputs on vehicle stereo systems would be a wireless microphone package with a :line level" output, and tyhat uses an external 12 volt DC power source. Those are widely available from many sources. But if the seller is not able to understand the requirement for a line level output then they are certainly not qualified to sell you the correct package.

So without any more information it is not likely that any responses will address whatever the requirements are in any useful manner.

Last edited:

Kevil

Joined Jun 28, 2020
I am just looking for standard (dynamic) MIC with built in pre amplifier with LINE OUT level possibly with volume control AA/AAA battery operated (inside MIC).

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
There are lots of different dynamic microphone pre-amps available on-line. Some have built-in microphones .
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=dynamic+m...692582&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_1bpc1yro3u_e
Certainly there are "a lot of devices available" and if you want any useful information about their performance or power requirements, amazon does not provide those details. One did indicate that it was operated by phantom power, which if the TS is able to provide that in a vehicle there is the solution.
Just get one of those devices that is powered by an external 12 volt supply with a single ended line level output, about 1.73 volts, and that will work. But look at the pricing on those pre-amplifiers!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I read the manuals and they are among the most useless manuals I have ever seen. No mention of the input connectors or the output connection, no mention of the input voltage requirements, no mention of the output voltage, and no mention of the battery type or quantity. The on-line specification section does mention two AAA batteries and expected life, so at least that much is available.
This device may work for the application, whatever it is.
Good Luck!!

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
To avoid acoustical feedback howling and squealing you must record a short speech then play it back with the microphone turned off. "Passengers hang on tight because we are going to roll over". :D

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Post #13 from KW shows what should be on a specification sheet.
And, as for feedback, I have been on quite a few vehicles where the comments were live and not a hint of feedback. The easy trick is close talking to a very directional microphone, and not running excessive gain or volume. And not having a speaker right by the microphone.