battery issue

shahnawaz

Joined Dec 30, 2008
dear all,

i have connected two batteries in parallel with constant 20 amps dc load. batteries are 155ah/12vdc and brand is powersafe. the problem is when i measured the load through clamp meter then only first battery shows as taking the load. and second battery does not show any load. i was thinking that may b this is just because of the second battery not connected well but when i switched off first battery fuse then load was shifted to 2nd battery. and also 2nd battery bank take charging 5 amps all time even when first battery reached fully charge level. my friend yold me that he is facing also same problem. please tell me what is the reason behind this...thanks

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Battery characteristics are never exactly the same. There is internal impedance differences for example.
What also plays a role is if your circuit is designed to have the same impedances. I'm talking about wire/cable length from each battery to the load.

cheers

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hmm, I missed this one. Don't know if the OP will be back, it's been a few weeks.

Sounds to me like the 2nd battery has a cell that's going bad; plates buckled or shorted. It'll very likely cause the good battery to die an early death.