Battery circuitry help for micro controllers

jmurphy15

Joined Jul 2, 2013
Hello, and I am new to circuitry and stuff but I am connecting 2 micro-controller boards together and am going to make them communicate and hopefully make a working useful device however each require a voltage power supply (obviously) so that they can run. I am wondering, instead of having 2 9V batteries running 2 side by side chips, can i split the voltage of the 9V battery so that each can run off of the same battery? I wanted to consult this before I fry my boards. THANKS

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
If you want to run them off the same supply, and your supply can supply the necessary current for both boards, you needn't split the voltage... you would, essentially, run them in parallel..

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
A 9v Battery can provide up to 100 ma of current so it should be fine unless you are using more than 4 leds for each microcontroller or something like that.
Also are you using a 5volt or 3,3 V regulator or something?