Batteries

Mazaag

Joined Oct 23, 2004
Hi guys...

I had a question about batteries...

I know that AA batteries supply a voltage of 1.5v ... and the current that will flow in the circuit it supplies depends on the resistance of the circuit...but what about the power the battery supplies? how do we calculate that ? and how do we know how long a battery will last ?

Thanks

cheddy

Joined Oct 19, 2007
Wiki has your answers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AA_battery

"rimary (non-rechargeable) zinc-carbon AA batteries of 400–900 milliamp-hours capacity are commonly made using Leclanché_cell technology. Zinc-chloride batteries of 1000 to 1500 mAh are often sold as "long life" or "heavy duty". Alkaline batteries from 1700 mAh to almost 3000 mAh cost a little more, but last proportionally longer."

If you don't know what milliamp hours are you can wiki that too.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hi guys...

I had a question about batteries...

I know that AA batteries supply a voltage of 1.5v ... and the current that will flow in the circuit it supplies depends on the resistance of the circuit...but what about the power the battery supplies? how do we calculate that ? and how do we know how long a battery will last ?

Thanks
Greeting mazaag,

In addition to the link provided by cheddy, one of the most comprehensive treatises on battery technology can be found here at the Battery University website.

I believe the guy that wrote this, knows his stuff when it comes to batteries.

hgmjr