basic op amp design datasheet thingy from texas instruments (i think)

ninjaman

Joined May 18, 2013
Hello,
Some years ago I found what I think was a Texas Instruments guide on op amp design. It was about 20 pages or so and had questions that you answered with information you find from elsewhere. It did not explain op amps or components but went through basic maths and design specs. I can not find it now and wondered if anyone else knew it. I think that it was Texas Instruments, it looked like a datasheet. No, it was not a datasheet but more of a design guide. Not the 400 page free book online.
Any help would be great
Thanks
Simon

EDIT: it was sort of like this
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/sloa097/s...29542&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Last edited:

ninjaman

Joined May 18, 2013
hi,
Do you mean this document.?
E

Or this?
Hello Eric,
Thanks for the quick response. Neither of those unfortunately, it was more like the second one. The first book was the one I am trying to avoid as I don't fancy reading 400 pages. I want to make a simple guitar amplifier and have something that I can expand on and tweak as I learn. Most books on amazon are tube amp books, there is one book of solid state amps written for none tube lovers but that is 400 pages and covers general design. I remember this short 40 or so pages and fairly quick and simple calculations. Thanks for the help though, all the best. Simon

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Most guitar amplifiers drive a loudspeaker from a power amplifier.
An opamp is not a power amplifier so it cannot drive a loudspeaker.
Many power amplifier ICs are available.

There is an acoustic guitar type that uses a microphone or a vibration sensor.
There is an electric guitar type that uses an electric magnetic pickup.
Which guitar type do you have?
Each guitar type uses its own kind of pre-amp. A microphone preamp can be an opamp circuit that drives the power amplifier.
A vibration sensor or electric magnetic pickup uses a Jfet preamp that drives the power amplifier.