Basic Audio Project Help

ComputerGeek

Joined Jul 12, 2011
Hello, my first post. Yay :) Anyway, I have a question I want to use a peizo as a pickup in a circuit where there was previously a Electret condenser microphone or a dynamic mic (not sure which one). Anyway, I heard that a Peizo was a high-Z signal and was wondering if I could just exchange these or if that would fry my circuit without converting it into a Low-Z signal. Any help would be great.

Last edited:

ComputerGeek

Joined Jul 12, 2011
http://saba.kntu.ac.ir/eecd/ecourse...ports/Poly Acoustics/Acoustic Transducers.htm

something to read for basic info.

You will need to modify the input some to accommodate the preamp
I Read most of it, however it is a little over my head. I should give a little more info about what i am looking to do,

This will be going into a Bluetooth Headset. So what I am looking to do is remove the current Microphone and replace it with a peizo. are you saying that I will need a preamp for the peizo since it is High-Z?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
you could try a direct input replacement. If it is too weak to give a suitable output compared to the original microphone, a simple variable gain opamp circuit might be all you need to adjust the response level.