bandwidth management in a network processor

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Its all done with buffers.
You set up a series of transmit buffers, a separate buffer for each priority of traffic. The actual priority is usually set by QoS field in the header or by the type of service (telnet,ftp, VoIP etc). You then prioritise the data going out on the line by adjusting the sequence in which the transmitter accesses the different priority buffers.

r0d3n

Joined Aug 11, 2008
is it has required any programming such as c++ to develope the bandwidth?n i really dont understand what is my title about for my final year project...

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Bandwidth management usually involves sharing the available bandwidth of a communications link in such a way that important or time critical services get priority over services that can tolerate traffic delays. I would imagine that it will mostly involve programming but if you don't understand what the project is all about you really should talk to your tutor and get a clear idea of what you are expected to achieve.
We can help put you on the right track only if you yourself know where you are going and what you are trying to achieve.