Baby Grand Piano

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianomike1957

Joined Jan 1, 2013
There ya go.

Let me put on my "Yank" hat here.... Ford was a Motown original. As much as the Europeans would snob their noses. Know why Brits drink warm beer?...... Lucas Electronics.

Read up on Delorean, he was a brilliant man. I'm pretty sure he built those things in Ireland.

Superdave

Joined Jan 12, 2013
Hi All,

Sorry to jump in the middle of an ongoing conversation but I too own a Technics SX-PR1000 with the same symptoms described by Mike. In my particular case I bought the piano about 10 years ago and began having trouble about 5 years later. It would shut down in the middle of playing, random bootups, no bootup, glowing blue screen. Sometimes it would work fine for a week and then nothing, and then fine again.
I called Panasonic and was referred to a local dealer whom I paid nearly 500.00 for checking solder joints and the problems continued. I then contacted Panasonic Canada, in British Columbia and talked to a service manager via email who asked me to take out one of the 2 circuit boards and ship it to him. He told me it was a minor fix. About 3 weeks later the board was returned (no charge) and the piano worked fine for nearly 4 years. Now the symptoms have started over again and I'm having trouble contacting Panasonic again since I lost my previous emails. My piano will turn on if I leave it plugged in with the power switch on for a day or so but it may shut down as soon as I start playing or may last for several hours. Very random.

Sorry to ramble on but this might help in the diagnostics. I'm also trying to repair a nice piece of furniture that I paid about 13,000.00 for. It was an amazing piano.

soli2013

Joined Nov 25, 2013
pianomike1957 - What did you do to make the piano work? I apologize I've tried following the thread. My SX PR1000 also only showed the blue screen but did not engage. We had the piano opened and the service repairman pressed down on various connectors and the piano now works. We're not sure what was fixed. I'm very glad it works but feel worried about how delicate it seems to be. Thank you in advance.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

Congratulations, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.

You really need to start your own thread, since it is highly unlikely the OP will return in the near future, and we do not allow hijacking of other peoples threads on this site. A thread belongs to the OP (original poster), and may not be taken over by other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.